I think that since it isn’t just slapping a piece of meat on the bbq that many backyard BBQers are a little scared of tackling this cook. Don’t be! It is really easy…and it would be hard to mess up!
Before you begin here is what you need:
- 5 lb pork belly trimmed (no skin)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce – I used Five Monkey’s BBQ Sauce that you can get here.
- Your favorite Pork rub – I used Meat Church The Gospel
- Baking tin/Foil pan
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Unsalted Butter
- 5 lbs pork belly
- 1 cup Meat Church the Gospel
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 or 5 1/4" slices of unsalted butter from a cube
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Start your Traeger with the lid open on smoke setting for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes set it at 225 and close the lid.
- Slice the pork belly into 2 inch cubes and place into something to mix other ingredients with
- Add extra virgin olive oil with rub and pork belly cubes.
- Place on grill for about 3 hours. Keep an eye on them and taste test (just for fun).
- When you see a nice color and a good bark developing remove the cubes and place in your foil pan. Add your Five Monkey's BBQ Sauce, honey, and stir well.
- Strategically place butter cubes througout and cover with aluminium foil
- Place back on Traeger for about 90 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil pan from your Traeger and place the cubes back onto the Traeger and crank it up to 300 for about 15 minutes to let the sauce thicken and get a better texture on your cubes.
- Remove from Traeger and enjoy!