This weekend I cooked up one of my favorite appetizers. This is a pretty simple recipe to cook up. You also have a lot of freedom to make changes as you see fit. Be creative!
Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Category Appetizers Recipe Uncategorized
- 1 1/2 cups of a 3 cheese shredded mix
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- 5-6 ounces of cream cheese
- 12 ounces of bacon / chopped
- 20 mushrooms
- Your favorite seasoning
- Add the bacon to a skillet and cook it while you prepare the rest of the appetizer.
- Add the shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle on seasoning to taste. I used a seasoning called "The Gospel" by Meat Church which isn't overpowering.
- Add the cooked bacon and a little bit of bacon grease to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Prepare your mushrooms by taking the stems off.
- Spoon fill the cavities of the mushrooms with your cheesy/bacon goodness.
- Optional: season the top of your mushrooms
- Place your mushrooms on your favorite BBQ and cook until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms change color.