I knew that my order from Crowd Cow was on the way, and I knew that I had ordered some of their ground beef patties so I had to plan out the perfect recipe for these. I didn’t want it to be a standard cheese burger (although now in retrospect I know there is nothing standard about these patties).
I decided to try to mimic a burger I had tried at a local restaurant: Fried Jalapeno and Chipotle Mayo Burger with Pepperjack cheese. Before I tell you the result, remember that I’m my biggest critic. But these things were AMAZING! I’m not sure that you’ll be able to get the same results without the Crowd Cow dry aged patties (or ground beef). I actually wrote the company a message asking what the secret mixture consisted of and they pretty much said the secret is in the dry aging. Wow is all I could say after eating these burgers. BUT, you want the recipe. So I’m posting it below. Be sure to place your order with Crowd Cow using my special link so that you can get a free pound of ground beef along with it to try this recipe for yourself! Here is that special link: Free LB of Ground Beef
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoons garlic salt
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder or 2 teaspoons of chipotle hot sauce (I used hot sauce)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 qt vegetable oil
- 2 cup jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Mix all the ingredients together and that's it!
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, eggs, and beer together in a bowl.
- Preheat oil to 365 degrees F in a deep fryer or large pot.
- Dip jalapeno slices in the batter, then carefully place into the hot oil. Avoid over crowding by working in several small batches. Fry until the jalapenos float to the surface and are golden brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining jalapenos.
Here is the chipotle recipe being made: