This is a recipe that my wife has done many, many times and it is so good in the oven. So I wanted to see how the same recipe would taste in my Traeger. Well….the results are in and no way will we do this in the oven again! It was absolutely AMAZING!
The awesome thing about this recipe (besides the bacon), is that it is low carb. It uses Parmesan cheese instead of the typical breadcrumbs to keep it together. It works and tastes great!
- 2 lb ground beef
- 8 -oz can tomato sauce
- 3 or 4 tbsp tamari sauce (soy sauce is fine if you are not avoiding gluten)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic minced very fine
- 2 eggs
- slightly beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Parmesan / Romano / other shaker-style cheese (or combine!)
- 1 slice chopped uncooked bacon
- Mix all the ingredients together. Don't overhandle the meat, just mix enough to incorporate the ingredients.
- Shape lightly into a casserole or other deep dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for approximately one hour.
- Check bacon, if it isn't brown enough, take it out, bump up the temp to high and put it back in once it hits it's high temp for 15 or so minutes.
Please note, this is modified from a recipe we found on Hubpages.com