I’m fortunate to have an awesome wife that loves to garden. We have basil growing and often she’ll make pesto and add our fresh basil leaves to it. Fresh makes it SO much better. Pair that with some Sea to Table wild shrimp and you have a pretty awesome meal in and of itself. Then…pair THAT with fresh zucchini noodles and you really have an amazing meal.
We generally use a classic recipe for our pesto. Here you go:
- 3 cups lightly-packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper together until finely-chopped.
- With the food processor or blender still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is completely combined. Pause the food processor or blender and scrape down the sides, then pulse again until the mixture is smooth.
So that is the actual recipe. What we did then was lay our shrimp on a pan and slathered the pesto on very liberally. I then threw it on the Traeger as I was cooking my Tri-Tip. I had my grill at 250 and let the shrimp go until it looked like the above picture. We had already noodled our zucchini and served the pesto shrimp on top.